The Acai tree’s natural home is the swamps and floodplains of the Amazon river, deep in the highly biodiverse rainforest. The 25m high palms are surrounded by the world’s largest collection of living plant and animal species in the world. For as long as anyone can remember, these tasty and health loving berries have been an indispensable part of many forest-dwelling people’s diet. As time went by, they became a popular ingredient in many national dishes - including Açaí na tigela, ‘acai in the bowl’ - known for its rich flavour, both berry-ish and mildly chocolatey.
Amazing Acai’s Attributes
Juicy Acai berries were named ‘fruit that cries’ for their hydrating moisture - but they’re also packed with superfood levels of revitalising compounds. Their unusual purple-black hue is due to very high levels of anthocyanin, that are also intensely protective and repairative. A natural consequence of intensive exercise and a hectic lifestyle is often oxidative stress, which can damage our cells and particularly contribute to the ageing process. Anthocyanins are understood to help address this, aiming to help cell’s restoration. Acai berries are exceptionally rich in these compounds, even more so than well-known fruit like blueberries and raspberries. For an idea of both how rich and absorbable by the body they are, see the comparative Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) chart below.
By mixing this powder into your food and drink everyday, you’re getting even more other spectacular benefits. Vitamins B and C, naturally found in Acai berries, are known to contribute to a reduction in tiredness and fatigue and support energy-yielding metabolism. Omegas 3, 6 and 9, boosting your body’s overall health from blood to skin to eyes, form 70% of these fruits’ inherent and healthy fats. This powder form of Acai berries has a particularly high fiber profile, with 27 grams of fiber for every 100 of powder, supporting your digestion. Your blood pressure, bones, muscles and brain are aided by potassium, iron and calcium minerals. And last but not least, amino acids form over 7% of Acai berry pulp, providing you with proteins’ building blocks. The Amazon’s indigenous people love Acai berries - and, having so many wonderful qualities, is it any surprise?
- High anthocyanin content
- Potassium, iron and calcium
- Rich in A, B, C & E vitamins
- Fats are 70% Omega 3, 6 & 9
- Amino acids form 7.59% weight
- 27 grams of fibre per 100g powder
Bringing the Benefits to You
Fruit-based nutrients have one disadvantage - the ravages of time can swiftly reduce nutritional value. To preserve the Acai berries’ qualities, berry pulp is flash frozen immediately after harvest and the moisture is extracted via vacuum, producing a high quality powder. By this method, you’re able to enjoy Acai berries in a convenient, easy way, reaping all the rainforest’s rewards from the comfort of your own home.
How to Enjoy Acai Powder
Acai powder can be added to juices, smoothies, or any part of your diet. You can even add it straight to water for a refreshing drink, or your favourite baked dishes! We recommend using about one teaspoon, approximately three grams, per serving, and up to three spoons every day. With just one, natural ingredient, and no preservatives or additives, you can enjoy it without worrying as there are no known side effects.
Product Rating (100% based on 10 Reviews)
Want to write a review? Click here
Service Rating (81.56% based on 180 )
* Acai is awesome!
* I feel healthier and more energetic - its great!
* 10/10 product!
* bip super acai berries are just incredible, i add them every day to my porridge and the days at work have become way easier to last, i used to start feeling tired towars lunch time, now i can power through the day with no problems.
* I love acai berries as they taste great and are so good for you but found it so expensive and difficult to keep buying them all the time so decided to go for a supplement form for the health benefits and just buy them occasionally for a treat. This powder form is great and easy to use which makes it a lot easier for me to get acai back into my diet again!
* i add this to EVERYTHING now, its the best way to start your day, especially if your working 5 days a week
* after suffering for almost 6 years with a constant upset stomach i cannot believe finally its almost fully gone, im not certain its the acai berries powder, but, it has stopped since i started adding acai berries to my morning smoothies
* I love this so much!
* super acai berries has become my favourite medicine, i used to pick up cold and flus really easily and now at the age of 26 i decided to stop listeing to the doctor, i start takign acai berries powder daily for 6 months, during the 6 months of taking it i didnt have as many colds and flus, when i did they wer not as unbearable as before. you can really feel the antioxidants fighting to keep u feeling great.
* acai powder is so yummy and I add it to my smoothies every morning