How To Lose Belly Fat?
Doing crunches in the gym isn't the only way to lose belly fat. There are a variety of alternative ways to lose belly fat, inclusive of a low fat diet, reduction of salt intake and eating more soluble fibre. Combining these methods with a rigorous exercise routine can take you one step further on your weight loss journey! Check out our top-ranked methods of losing belly fat in detail below!
Kick Start Your Metabolism
You can significantly impact your metabolic rate with daily activity and diet. Aerobic exercise (cardio) is an effective way to improve health and burn calories to lose belly fat. Studies suggest that it’s one of the most effective forms of exercise for reducing belly fat. Below are just a few points for you to follow to help you manage your metabolism:
- It’s not all about running or doing cardio. Those who do resistance training can burn more calories days after training by increasing their muscle mass and boosting their metabolism.
- Lift first and do cardio after. Studies have shown that lifting weights 20 minutes before cardio helps to burn more fat!
- Intense workouts. A 40-minute workout helps to burn more calories and instantly boosts your metabolism.
- Work out in short bursts. Burn 200 calories in just 2.5 minutes by having five 30-second bursts at high resistance and intensity. Rest in-between for 3-4 minutes at low resistance. This can be achieved on the treadmill or bike.
- Drinking water & snacking post-workout. Drinking water throughout the day will keep your metabolism ticking over. After your workout, have muscle-gainer foods like banana or peanut butter shake, as this will help you lose weight and gain lean muscle.
Sleep, Relax & De-stress
Sleep is essential for many aspects of health, including your weight. Studies suggest that people who don't get enough sleep tend to gain more weight, which includes belly fat. The importance of sleep and getting enough rest is imperative in being able to reduce belly fat. What you may not realise is that while you sleep, your body releases and uses many hormones that are vital in your body’s ability to regenerate cells, suppress appetite and heighten metabolism.
Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep at night with body wraps for weight loss to maintain a healthy metabolic rate. Getting 8 hours of sleep a night also helps to lower cortisol levels in your blood, which helps to slow down the breakdown of protein to glucose, which turns to fat. So overall, more sleep means you're on your way to losing belly fat and gaining more energy!
Keeping active, doing the right exercises and maintaining a healthy diet all contribute to the reduction of belly fat. Visceral fat is responsive to aerobic exercise, meaning it can promote belly fat loss. Exercises which increase your heart rate such as running and swimming can be helpful in managing belly fat too.
Fat burning workouts
- Moderate to intense cardiovascular exercise can also help to boost your weight loss efforts, and is highly recommended to be used in conjunction with weight loss supplements. We understand how difficult it can be to motivate yourself to regularly exercise, which is why we advise you to spend time researching exercise programmes to make sure you find the best fit for you.
- For speedy weight loss results, try to incorporate strength training exercises into your routine. Muscle building is one the best things that boost your metabolism, which in turn helps bolster your weight loss efforts.
- Implementing weight training into your weight loss routine can also help to enhance the effects of your diet pills and nutrition program to its fullest. To speed up the fat burning process, just be sure to choose something that you're going to be able to stick to long term.
Change Your Eating Habits
Just the way chewing gum helps to exercise the muscles a good diet will be your main tool in your quest to lose belly fat. Along with exercise, the correct diet can be the key to ensuring that you’re able to burn and lose belly fat. Substituting unhealthy or fatty foods for more nutritious foods will prove very beneficial for you in your weight loss journey. Substituting healthy foods doesn't have to be difficult; below are a few.simple examples that you can fit into your daily routine.
- Swapping full-fat milk for semi-skimmed or skimmed, swapping fizzy drinks for water, swapping coffee or tea made with whole milk with skimmed or semi-skimmed milk.
- Choose leaner cuts of meat, and grill them as an alternative to frying.
- Use vegetable-based sauces rather than cream ones and reduce your salt intake by not sprinkling salt on top of your food.
Food tips to help you lose belly fat
- Eat good fats - Studies suggest that a diet with a higher ratio of monounsaturated fats such as avocados, nuts, seeds, soybeans, and chocolate can prevent the accumulation of belly fat.
- Get more fibre in your diet- Soluble fibre such as that found in apples, oats, and cherries can help to speed up the burning of visceral belly fat or you can consider taking advantage of the health benefits of hemp. Women should aim to consume 25 g of fibre per day whilst men should aim for 30 g a day.
- Change refined grains for whole grains - Whole grains are high in fibre, which makes you feel full for longer. This will help you to eat less, which in turn, can help you to lose weight. Avoid white grains, for instance, eat brown wheat bread instead of over-processed white bread, and favour wild brown rice over white rice.
- Eat more protein - Protein is an extremely important nutrient for weight control. High protein intake increases the release of the fullness hormone PYY, which decreases your appetite and promotes fullness. Protein also raises your metabolic rate and helps you retain muscle mass during weight loss both of which are known to aid weight loss.
- Add apple cider vinegar to your diet - Drinking apple cider vinegar has impressive health benefits, including lowering blood sugar levels. It contains a compound called acetic acid, which has been shown to reduce abdominal fat storage in several animal studies and can help tackle male cellulite.
- Keep a food diary - Most people tend to underestimate how much they eat. Get an honest assessment of your eating habits, by writing down everything you consume for a week. Once you have analysed your weaknesses, you can start working on how to prevent yourself from falling short in the future.
You may have the best diet programs and the latest equipment but, if you don’t stay on top of your diet, you won’t be successful in getting those dream abs!
Fat burners usually come in the form of capsules and are composed of natural ingredients such as guarana, spirulina and caffeine. Fat burners are blends of herbs and stimulants which can increase your body temperature, this increase can help you to burn more calories and fat during exercise. There are many popular foods for fat burning, and these can often be found as well in supplements and targeted fat burning products such as caffeine, green tea and the South American herb yerba mate.
When you take fat burners, it's recommended that you stick to the prescribed dosage. Don’t increase the dosage to achieve faster results, as it may have adverse effects on your health. Fat burners are formulated with It should be noted that fat burners are formulated in such a way that you get a controlled dosage of ingredients. Taking ingredients that encourage fat burning, in an uncontrolled manner may cause potentially harmful side effects.
It's extremely important to stay hydrated for your body to function properly. Two-thirds of your body is made of water and its functions range from lubricating joints to the removal of waste. Water is also an effective appetite suppressant, which contributes to healthy weight loss. studies have suggested that regularly drinking water throughout the day may lead to a more active metabolism.
Aim to drink a 200-250 ml glass of water 8 times per day, or about 2 litres total. Carry a water bottle so that you can drink whenever you feel thirsty. When consuming water during workouts, it improves your body's ability to push itself to perform more intense regimes.
The reduction of belly fat comes as a result of clean, balanced eating, consistent workouts and regular, restorative sleep. Whilst fat burners can most definitely speed up the process, it's going to take time, sweat and effort - but it’ll be worth it!