What Is Fenugreek?
Fenugreek (also known as Greek Hay, Fenigreek or Methi) is one of the oldest cultivated medical plant that is native to southern Europe and Western Asia. Fenugreek is a herbal plant that grows to about two feet tall and is considered as a legume. The Fenugreek plant has light green leaves similar to clover, small white flowers and long pods that can contain ten to twenty small golden brown seeds. These seeds are said to smell and taste somewhat like maple syrup.
Fenugreek has been used for centuries because of its many benefits and is even claimed to be traced back to Egyptian times as it has been found in Egyptian tombs. Nowadays though the majority of Fenugreek is cultivated and consumed in India. Fenugreek is very popular in its native countries because the whole plant can be used and has different benefits. Traditionally, the leaves are dried and used as herbs, the seeds are ground into a spice and the plant matter is used as a vegetable and eaten in meals.
Fenugreek is very popular in foods and beverages and each part of the plant is used as much as possible. Fenugreek is a common staple in some salads whilst the extract is used to make marinades as well as imitation vanilla, butterscotch, rum and maple syrup flavourings and scents in beverages and cosmetics. As a fine powder Fenugreek seeds are often used as a spice in Indian Curries and other dishes. The seeds can even be roasted and ground to make coffee.
Fenugreek as a plant also has many uses outside of food and has often traditionally been used to solve and help medical problems. Some of these traditional uses have been for digestive problems such as constipation and gastritis, diabetes, painful menstruation, obesity, inflammation in wounds, stomach ulcers and high blood levels and cholesterol. So between its uses in food and as a traditional and basic medicine, it’s easy to see why the Fenugreek plant has always been so popular and used so much in its native countries.
What Does Pure Fenugreek Do?
Pure Fenugreek is a superfood supplement that has all the health benefits of the Fenugreek plant but without the hassle! Pure Feugreek is a great all round superfood supplement as, like the plant, it has a number of health benefits. The first of these is how it aids healthy weight loss. This is because Fenugreek is said to slow the absorption of sugars in the stomach thanks to it containing an amino acid called 4-hydroxy isoleucine. This means it also has the potential to help lower blood sugar levels and help those with forms of diabetes. It also contains polysaccharides which means it also has the potential to help lower cholesterol levels by discouraging bile salts from absorbing into the colon. Due to its oestrogen-like properties, Fenugreek also has the potential to help with the symptoms of menopause and PMS and can help lessen the effects of hot flashes and mood fluctuations. Pure Fenugreek is also full of vitamins and minerals that can be helpful for overall health and wellbeing.
What Are The Benefits Of Pure Fenugreek?
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Can help lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Helps with the symptoms of menopause and PMS
- Aids the detoxing and removal of toxins in the body
- Can help with digestive problems such as constipation
- Improves overall health and wellbeing
- Full of vitamins such as vitamin A, C and B6, thiamine, folic acid, riboflavin and niacin
- Rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, copper, zinc, manganese and magnesium
- Contains the polysaccharides saponins, hemicellulose, mucilage, tannin and pectin
- Easy to take capsules
How To Take Pure Fenugreek
Safe To Use
Pure Fenugreek is made using natural ingredients which means it is safe to use and should have no negative side effects. However, do always check the ingredients to see if you are allergic to anything.
Product Rating (82% based on 10 Reviews)
Want to write a review? Click here
Service Rating (81.56% based on 180 )
* I really like these, they're so easy as a tablet
* Has really helped with cramping and have lost some weight too so doubly happy!
* simple and easy
* I have tried fenugreek when travelling and now i'm back home I'm glad I found this in capsule form
* like this a lot! Going to buy more and buying some for my husband to use too
* I like fenugreek a lot and these are the best capsule form i've found
* very good