- Acai (4) Activated Charcoal (2) African Mango (1) Baobab (1) Barley Wheat (1) Chlorella (3) Coconut (2) Fenugreek (2) Forskolin (1) Garcinia Cambogia (6) Glucomannan (1) Green Coffee (4) Green Magic (2) Green Tea (2) Guarana (4) Hemp (6) Moringa (3) Raspberry Ketone (5) Resveratrol (2) Spirulina (3) Turmeric (2)
What is Fenugreek?
Fenugreek is a herbal plant native to Southern Europe and Western Asia and is also locally called Methi. The fenugreek plant has light green leaves and small white flowers with long pods that can contain ten to twenty small golden brown seeds.
Traditionally fenugreek is used with food. The leaves are traditionally dried and used as herbs, the fenugreek seeds are ground into spices and the plant matter is eaten as a vegetable. The fenugreek seeds have even be roasted and ground into a form of coffee. Nowadays fenugreek is also used in modern foods and beverages such as marinades, salad dressing and sweet flavourings and scents.
In the past fenugreek has also been used as basic treatments to help medical problems which shows its other beneficial properties. Traditionally it has been used to treat issues such as constipation, diabetes, painful menstruation, obesity, inflammation, stomach ulcers, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
Fenugreek Health Benefits
Whilst this superfood has may uses in food and drinks, there are many more fenugreek benefits and uses. Fenugreek is commonly found in weight loss and supplements due to its many beneficial health and well being properties.
- Promotes healthy weight loss
- Can help lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Helps with the symptoms of menopause and PMS
- Aids the detoxing and removal of toxins in the body
- Can help with digestive problems such as constipation
- Improves overall health and wellbeing
- Full of vitamins such as vitamin A, C and B6, thiamine, folic acid, riboflavin and niacin
- Rich in minerals such as iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, copper, zinc, manganese and magnesium
- Contains the polysaccharides saponins, hemicellulose, mucilage, tannin and pectin
Are fenugreek and fenugreek seeds safe?
Feugreek is completely natural and both the plant and the fenugreek seeds have been eaten and used in various ways for centuries. If you are looking for a fenugreek product then make sure to check the label of the specific products to see if you are personally allergic to anything. We also advise to choose a high quality fenugreek product that is pure and contains no fillers or binders as un-pure products could have negative and unwanted side effects.
Where to buy fenugreek products
WeightWorld offers some great fenugreek products including pure fenugreek products and products containing fenugreek. Buying your chosen fenugreek product from WeightWorld is easy, fast and secure. For your convenience we offer a number of payment and delivery options and even offer FREE delivery for all UK orders over £50 as well as a FREE WeightWorld Fruit Infuser Bottle for all order over £100!