What Is Activated Charcoal?
Activated Charcoal is made by burning a source of carbon such as wood or coconut shells. When this is done the high temperature removes the oxygen and activates the charcoal with gasses like steam. This produces activated charcoal which is highly absorbent and has millions of tiny pores which capture and bind with harmful toxins the body which can have up to a thousand times more weight than the charcoal itself. The porous surface of activated charcoal has a negative electric charge that attracts positively charged unwanted toxins and gas.
Activated Charcoal in general is used in a variety of different areas and industries mainly in removing negative and toxins, chemicals and poisons that can cause harm both within the body and out. The most common use for activated charcoal however is for within the body for medical reasons as well as for general detoxification and health at home.
Activated Charcoal can be used for home use to help with certain issues such as to help reduce flatulence and other digestive issues, reduce bad breath and body odour, lower cholesterol levels, prevent hangovers, treat insect stings, aid anti-ageing, to treat bile problems during pregnancy, to whiten teeth and to detoxify and clean hair and skin. These are some of the home remedies that Acivated Charcoal has been used for in the past and present, however some are more proven and effective than others and all depend on the person and circumstance.
Activated Charcoal Benefits
- Natural detoxifier
- Absorbs and removes harmful toxins inside the body
- Removes toxins which may lead to cellular damage and premature ageing
- Can help with bad breath and body odour
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- May aid the treatment of bile problems during pregnancy
- Can help reduce flatulence
- Helps with other digestive issues such as bloating
- Helps with removing small insect bites
- The powder can be used to whiten teeth
- Can be added to face and hair masks
- Easy to take capsules
- Non-invasive deotoxifcation
Why is it important to detox the body?
Detoxing is important for the body as over time with the food we eat and air we breath we can create a build up of harmful toxins within the body and digestive system. Detoxing can therefore help contribute towards a healthy lifestyle and taking activated charcoal can be a great solution for those looking to find a way to detox.
Detoxing the body and digestive system can have many positive impacts on your health and general wellbeing. Here are some of the benefits you can get from detoxing, including the use of taking activated charcoal tablets:
Rids the body of excess waste – The key idea of detoxing is of course to cleanse the body and remove harmful toxins that may be lingering. Detoxing can therefore help remove unwanted excess waste from the liver, kidneys and colon and help the toxins to exit the body.
Energy boost – Those who regulary detox and cleanse their body claim that following a detox programme has helped them feel more energetic. This may be from removing toxins and negativity in the body. During a detox and whilst taking activated charcoal tablets it is recommended to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated so this may contribute to an energy boost as well.
Helps with weight loss – Detoxing not only rids the body of toxins but by doin this can also contribute to healthy weight loss. After cleansing and taking a detox programme such as activated charcoal tablets, you may even have the energy and drive to get in shape!
Helps the immune system – by detoxing and cleansing the body you can help your organs and immune system be at the top of their game and function the best they can. By detoxing and removing toxins you can also allow for beneficial nutrients to be absorbed easier.
How To Take Activated Charcoal
Safe To Use
Activated Charcoal is made using high quality and natural ingredients should have no negative side effects. However, do always check the label with any supplement to see if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep hydrated when taking this supplement.
Product Rating (81.33% based on 15 Reviews)
Want to write a review? Click here
Service Rating (77.69% based on 104 )
* I like opening these up and using the powder in things like face masks, its works a treat!
* My husband wasn't sure about me trying this but I'm glad I did as I feel a lot less bloated and horrible so very happy
* I've used soemthing similar in hair masks and loved how they made my hair feel so when I found out they do capsules too I was excited as if they make me feel that goo on the outside they must be good for the inside too!
* Bit strange when you think about it but actually okay using it
* Wasn't too sure about this at first but my friend recommended it so gave it ago and now very happy - will be using again
* easy to take which is nice
* Has helped with some rather unwanted issues
* Still a bit unsure of how this actually works but I like the results of it
* Very helpful with gas problems
* Wasn't sure at first if this would work but now i've beent aking it I feel better and woulddefinitly use again
* very good and effective
* I like opening it and using the powder in my face masks, it completely clears my pores and is easy to mix in