What is Activated Charcoal?
You’ve probably heard of charcoal and are thinking, what is so special about it? Regular charcoal is pretty boring, but when it becomes activated...that's when the magic happens. Activated Charcoal is made by burning a source of carbon such as wood or coconut shells. When this is done, the high temperature removes the oxygen and ‘activates’ the charcoal with gas-like steam. This produces Activated Charcoal, a highly absorbent form of charcoal that has millions of tiny pores. These can capture and bind with heavy toxins and unwanted gas in the body that can have up to a thousand times more weight than the charcoal itself.
As a result of Activated Charcoals binding and detoxing abilities, it is widely used to help remove unwanted toxins and impurities from the body. It does this through the process of adsorption. This is when the toxins bind to the charcoal to then be flushed out. As Activated Charcoal has such as high surface area, is it the ideal natural way to do this as it can bind to a massive amount. Other internal uses for this amazing ingredient it to help reduce excessive flatulence after eating and aid digestion. There has even been research looking into the link between Activated Charcoal and intestinal gas.
Other uses for Activated Charcoal
The properties that make it so beneficial for inside the body is also what makes it so useful for topical and cosmetic use in powder form (by opening the capsules). Some of the most popular uses of this kind is for face or hair masks, teeth whitening and even insect bites. As true activated charcoal is odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic it is also safe to use in the correct proportions.
- Black mask
- Teeth Whitening
- Insect bites
For flatulence, take 3 capsules half an hour before a meal of your choice and then three capsules shortly after eating, as required. Depending on your needs you can take both of the 3 before and after or just the 3 before. Make sure to also drink plenty of water. Each 3 capsules of this supplement typically provides a powerful 1000mg strength of Activated Charcoal.
Full list of ingredients
Active Ingredient: Activated Charcoal Powder (Coconut Source).
Capsule Shell: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose.
This supplement is made using premium Activated Charcoal powder so is safe to use. To ensure not just the highest quality with this supplement but also so that is it vegan and vegetarian friendly, the Activated Charcoal Powder is from coconuts and the capsule shell is derived from vegetable cellulose. This product is not intended for those under the age of 18.
Product Rating (81.33% based on 15 Reviews)
Want to write a review? Click here
Service Rating (81.56% based on 180 )
* I like opening these up and using the powder in things like face masks, its works a treat!
* My husband wasn't sure about me trying this but I'm glad I did as I feel a lot less bloated and horrible so very happy
* I've used soemthing similar in hair masks and loved how they made my hair feel so when I found out they do capsules too I was excited as if they make me feel that goo on the outside they must be good for the inside too!
* Bit strange when you think about it but actually okay using it
* Wasn't too sure about this at first but my friend recommended it so gave it ago and now very happy - will be using again
* easy to take which is nice
* Has helped with some rather unwanted issues
* Still a bit unsure of how this actually works but I like the results of it
* Very helpful with gas problems
* Wasn't sure at first if this would work but now i've beent aking it I feel better and woulddefinitly use again
* very good and effective
* I like opening it and using the powder in my face masks, it completely clears my pores and is easy to mix in