Chia, Flaxseed and Banana Oat Muffins
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30ml sunflower oil
- 130ml almond or soya milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g self-raising flour
- 145g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 75g oats
- 75g soft brown sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of ginger
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Mix the flaxseed with 3 tbsp water.
- Add to a blender along with the bananas, vanilla extract, oil, almond milk, vinegar and maple syrup, then blitz until smooth. You could also do this by hand, but a blender gives the best results.
- In another bowl, put the remaining ingredients, keeping ½ tbsp oats and 1 tsp sugar to the side.
- Pour the smooth banana mixture into the bowl and mix using a large metal spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the cases.
- Before baking, sprinkle the reserved oats and sugar on the muffins.
- Bake for 25 mins, until risen and golden.