You can’t lose belly fat simply by doing crunches in the gym. It needs a bit more to tighten and tone those abdominals.
Losing belly fat is never easy but the misconception that simply doing abdominal exercises is enough is wrong! Obviously this will help, but it needs to be done in conjunction with eating the right things and doing the right exercise.
Men and women both want a slim, taught and sexy stomach and abdominal region. Contrary to popular belief, the abdominal region of your body is hard to tone up; this is because of abdominal fat known as visceral fat. It plumps up the appearance of your stomach that hides your abs.
Kick start your metabolism
According to exercise psychologist Gary Ditsch, you can significantly impact your metabolic rate with daily activity and diet. Below are just a few points for you to follow to help you manage your metabolism.
- It’s not all about running or doing cardio. Those who do resistance training are able to burn more calories days after training.
- Lift first, do cardio after. Studies have shown that lifting weight 20 minutes before cardio helps to burn more fat!
- Short hard bursts. Burn 200 calories in just 2.5 minutes by having five 30-second bursts at high resistance and intensity. Rest in-between for 3-4 minutes at los resistance. This can be done on the treadmill or bike.
- Drinking water & snacking post-workout. Drinking water throughout the day will keep your metabolism ticking over. After your workout have a shake, banana or peanut butter, as this will help you lose weight and gain lean muscle.
- Intense workouts. Working out in an intense 40 minute workout helps to burn more calories and instantly boosts your metabolism.
Top Metabolism Boosting Products
Sleep, Relax & De-stress
The importance of sleep and getting enough rest is imperative in being able to reduce belly fat. What people do not realise is that while you sleep, your body releases and uses many hormones that are vital in your body’s ability to regenerate cells, suppress appetite and heighten metabolism.
Sleep affects the leptin and ghrelin hormones that are responsible for suppressing the appetite. A lack of sleep actually leads to an increase in your metabolic rate, so get at least 8 hours of sleep a night to maintain a healthy metabolic rate. Getting 8 hours sleep a night also help to lower cortisol levels in your blood. High amounts of this slow down the break down of protein to glucose, which turns to fat. Also adamant amounts of sleep allows for better recovery.
Top Stress Relief Products
Staying active and doing the correct exercises at the right time with the right diet can all help you to reduce belly fat. Below are 6 benefits to exercise to get and stay in great shape.
- The key to burning calories. Exercise helps you to burn calories. The more rigorous and intense your workout, the more calories you burn.
- Health conditions and diseases. Regular exercise helps to reduce the chances of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression, arthritis, etc…
- Stay happy. 30 minutes of exercise a day has been shown to help you stay and feel happy. It helps you relax and feel good about yourself.
- Boosts energy levels. Regular exercise will help to increase your overall energy levels that can help you in your day-to-day life. It also helps you brains receptiveness and response speeds.
- Sleep better. When you exercise, your body gets tired. This allows you to fall asleep faster, and sleep deeper, allowing your brain and body to feel recharged when you wake up.
- Improves sex life. Regular physical activities increase arousal in women and in men it can reduce the effects of erectile dysfunction.
Top Fat burning Products
Changing Your Eating Habits
Along with exercise, the correct diet can be key in ensuring that you’re able to lose belly fat. Substituting unhealthy or fatty foods for more health conscience and beneficial foods can help you no end. Swapping food and drinks for healthier alternatives is easy. Below are a few simple examples that you can fit into your daily routine.
Swapping full fat milk for semi skimmed or skimmed, swapping fizzy drinks for water, swapping coffee or tea made with whole milk with skimmed or semi skimmed milk. Foods are slightly more difficult as the preparation may be affected. Start using whole grain breads, choosing leaner cuts of meat, grilling meats rather than frying, using vegetable based sauces rather then cream ones and reducing your salt intake by not sprinkling salt on top of your food.
Top Appetite Suppressant Products
Staying hydrated is extremely important for your regular bodily functions to occur. As two thirds of your body is made of water and its functions ranging from lubricating joints to removing waste, it’s an integral part. When it comes to weight loss, it works as an effective appetite suppressant.
Water not only does this but it can help you feel hydrated, and has been known to improve your mental state. When consuming water during workouts, it improves your bodies ability to push itself to perform more intense regimes.