You can’t lose belly fat simply by doing crunches in the gym - it needs a bit more to tighten and tone those abdominals! The fastest way to lose belly fat is by adopting a diet which contains less fatty foods, reducing your salt intake and eating more soluble fiber. Combining this with a rigorous exercise routine can help you on your way to losing that belly fat!
Men and women both want a slim, taught and sexy stomach and abdominal region. Contrary to popular belief, the abdominal region of your body is hard to tone up; this is because of abdominal fat known as visceral fat. It plumps up the appearance of your stomach that hides your abs. When white fat expands in your abdomen, nestling deep among your organs, it sets you up for some serious health trouble. We now know that this type of fat, called visceral fat, churns out stress hormones like cortisol and inflammatory substances called cytokines that affect the body's production of insulin. This increases your risk of diabetes and heart disease. Therefore, losing belly fat is much more than just about appearances. Below, we set out the best exercise to lose belly fat and effective diet to help lose belly fat.
Kick start your metabolism
According to exercise psychologist Gary Ditsch, you can significantly impact your metabolic rate with daily activity and diet. Aerobic exercise (cardio) is an effective way to improve health and burn calories to lose belly fat. Studies suggests it is one of the most effective forms of exercise for reducing belly fat. Below are just a few points for you to follow to help you manage your metabolism.
- It’s not all about running or doing cardio. Those who do resistance training are able to burn more calories days after training.
- Lift first, do cardio after. Studies have shown that lifting weight 20 minutes before cardio helps to burn more fat!
- Short hard bursts. Burn 200 calories in just 2.5 minutes by having five 30-second bursts at high resistance and intensity. Rest in-between for 3-4 minutes at los resistance. This can be done on the treadmill or bike.
- Drinking water & snacking post-workout. Drinking water throughout the day will keep your metabolism ticking over. After your workout have a shake, banana or peanut butter, as this will help you lose weight and gain lean muscle.
- Intense workouts. Working out in an intense 40 minute workout helps to burn more calories and instantly boosts your metabolism.
Sleep, Relax & De-stress
Sleep is essential for many aspects of health, including your weight. Studies suggests that people who don't get enough sleep tend to gain more weight, which includes belly fat. The importance of sleep and getting enough rest is imperative in being able to reduce belly fat. What people do not realise is that while you sleep, your body releases and uses many hormones that are vital in your body’s ability to regenerate cells, suppress appetite and heighten metabolism.
Sleep affects the leptin and ghrelin hormones that are responsible for suppressing the appetite. A lack of sleep actually leads to an increase in your metabolic rate, so try get at least 8 hours of sleep a night to maintain a healthy metabolic rate. Getting 8 hours sleep a night also help to lower cortisol levels in your blood. High amounts of this slow down the break down of protein to glucose, which turns to fat. Also adamant amounts of sleep allows for better recovery. So overall, more sleep means you are on your way to lose belly fat and gain more energy!
Staying active and doing the correct exercises at the right time with the right diet can all help you to reduce belly fat by burning fat. Visceral fat is responsive to aerobic exercise meaning it can promote belly fat loss. Burning calories via running, biking, swimming—anything that gets your heartrate up—wins over resistance training when it comes to getting rid of the stuff. Any exercise to lose belly fat will have a positive impact on your wellbeing and overall health. Below are 6 benefits to exercise to get and stay in great shape.
- The key to burning calories. Exercise helps you to burn calories. The more rigorous and intense your workout, the more calories you burn.
- Health conditions and diseases. Regular exercise helps to reduce the chances of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, depression, arthritis, etc…
- Stay happy. 30 minutes of exercise a day has been shown to help you stay and feel happy. It helps you relax and feel good about yourself.
- Boosts energy levels. Regular exercise will help to increase your overall energy levels that can help you in your day-to-day life. It also helps you brains receptiveness and response speeds.
- Sleep better. When you exercise, your body gets tired. This allows you to fall asleep faster, and sleep deeper, allowing your brain and body to feel recharged when you wake up.
- Improves sex life. Regular physical activities increase arousal in women and in men it can reduce the effects of erectile dysfunction.
Changing Your Eating Habits
Along with exercise, the correct diet can be key in ensuring that you’re able to lose and burn belly fat. Substituting unhealthy or fatty foods for more health conscience and beneficial foods can help you no end. Swapping food and drinks for healthier alternatives is easy. Below are a few simple examples that you can fit into your daily routine.
Swapping full-fat milk for semi-skimmed or skimmed, swapping fizzy drinks for water, swapping coffee or tea made with whole milk with skimmed or semi-skimmed milk. Foods are slightly more difficult as the preparation may be affected. Start using whole grain breads, choosing leaner cuts of meat, grilling meats rather than frying, using vegetable-based sauces rather than cream ones and reducing your salt intake by not sprinkling salt on top of your food. The results can be surprising as you shed those extra pounds by creating your personal best diet to lose belly fat.
Food tips to help lose belly fat
- Eat good fats - Studies suggest that a diet with a higher ratio of monounsaturated fats like avocados, nuts, seeds, soybeans, and chocolate — can prevent the accumulation of belly fat.
- Get more fiber in your diet- Soluble fiber (such as that found in apples, oats, and cherries) lowers insulin levels which can speed up the burning of visceral belly fat. Women should aim to consume 25 g of fiber per day while men should aim for 30 g a day.
- Change refined grains for whole grains - Whole grains are high in fiber, which makes you feel full longer. This will help you eat less, which will help you lose weight. Avoid white grains. For instance, eat brown wheat bread instead of over-processed white bread, and favor wild brown rice over white rice.
- Eat more protein - Protein is an extremely important nutrient for weight control. High protein intake increases release of the fullness hormone PYY, which decreases appetite and promotes fullness. Protein also raises your metabolic rate and helps you retain muscle mass during weight loss
- Add apple cider vinegar to your diet - Drinking apple cider vinegar has impressive health benefits, including lowering blood sugar levels. It contains a compound called acetic acid, which has been shown to reduce abdominal fat storage in several animal studies
- Keep a food diary- Most people tend to underestimate how much they eat. Get an honest assessment of your eating habits by writing down everything you consume for a week and then evaluate and improve.
Staying hydrated is extremely important for your regular bodily functions to occur. As two thirds of your body is made of water and its functions ranging from lubricating joints to removing waste, it’s an integral part. When it comes to weight loss, it works as an effective appetite suppressant. Studies suggest that consistently drinking water throughout the day can lead to a more active metabolism, regardless of dieting. Drinking more water also helps your body flush out waste and toxins and improves your overall health.
Drinking plenty of water can also help you feel hydrated, and has been known to improve your mental state. Aim to drink an 8-oz. glass of water 8 times per day, or 64 ounces total. Carry a water bottle so that you can drink whenever you feel thirsty. When consuming water during workouts, it improves your bodies ability to push itself to perform more intense regimes.
Belly fat burning pills and supplements
If you feel that you need an extra boost alongside your healthy eating and exercise routine in order to help reduce belly fat then you can try a belly fat burning pill or supplement. These have been specially designed to help give your weight loss a boost and specifically target abdominal fat. When buying looking for a belly fat burner make sure to find one that is natural and has no nasty unwanted chemicals, fillers or binders within them that can negatively affect your help. At WeightWorld our belly fat burner supplement Belly XS uses natural ingredients to help you tackle your unwanted belly fat and is made to a high quality to esure the best.
What's the best way to lose belly fat?
The secret to losing fat is actually no secret at all. What it comes down to is this: Clean, balanced eating, consistent workouts and regular, restorative sleep. It sounds simple—and it is—but with today’s bustling lifestyle it gets harder and harder to shed unwanted pounds. At WeightWorld, we provide tips to lose belly fat, guidance on foods to eat to lose belly fat and best exercises to lose belly fat. We cna also provide a slimming aids to help you give your weight loss a boost and help you on your way to achieving your weight loss goals.