What Is A Slimming Tea?
Over the years, there have been many scientific breakthroughs in the area of weight loss and fitness, however, the one everybody is talking about is the slimming tea phenomenon. As the name suggests, it is the perfect companion for people who want to get in shape, as well as maintain general weight. Full of natural antioxidants, powerful ginseng and herbal leaves, these slimming teas are steps ahead of what normal teas can offer.
The Potential Benefits Of Slimming Teas
Slimming tea has a number of great potential benefits which come from the natural ingredients that make up the tea. Slimming teas benefit your health as they:
- Boost metabolism for greater energy levels
- Speed up the fat burning process
- Suppress appetite and cravings
- Detox internal organs
- Hold more antioxidants
- Improve skin complexion
- Rejuvenate and revitalise for long a time
- Fix digestive issues and enhance digestion
- Are loaded with herbs holding medicinal properties
What Is Detox Tea?
There are a variety of detox teas on the market, which are mostly based on tea leaves blended with different medicinal herbs. The common ingredients in these detox teas include dandelion, senna and yerba mate.
Detox Tea Benefits
Apart from cleansing, it has been said that drinking detox tea can help lower your risk of stroke and heart disease, lower your blood pressure, improve your mood, and even help with weight loss. Every ingredient in the teas has unique properties which help to nourish the body with healthy nutrients, leaving it glowing.
- Your liver is the most vital organ when it comes to help with cleansing unwanted toxins. Cleaning the liver from time to time encourages it to purge fat, and eliminate toxins from all areas of the body. Detox Tea works gently yet effectively on the liver, encouraging it to function properly, to eliminate toxins from the body.
Boosts Energy Levels
- As the toxins get eliminated from your liver, kidneys, lymph nodes and skin, you start feeling more energetic. This is due to the enhanced circulation which has so far been impacted due to the toxic overload. As the lymph nodes start draining away impurities and provide you with more energy, your vitality levels will improve, leaving you feeling rejuvenated.
Enhances Mental Clarity
- Many diseases begin in the gut and slowly travel to the brain. As you cleanse your gut with a regular tea cleanse, you will start to notice the fog of gut pain begin to lift, making you feel more alert. You are able to stay in the moment and concentrate on the task at hand. You literally feel ready to take on the world!
- When your body is cleared of toxic wastes, you are better able to absorb nutrients. Thus, with detox teas, you get a boost of vitamin C, and other antioxidants which play a huge role in promoting good health.
Anti Ageing Benefits
- Detox Teas help in reducing acne and other skin problems, as it cleanses the skin from the inside out. The skin starts looking healthier as the collagen gets all the nutrition it needs from the teas. All of the vitamins and minerals repair and restore the skin’s healthy glow.
- Detox Teas are a good source of antioxidants like polyphenols, Vitamin C and Vitamin E that fight free radicals, and produce flavonoids whilst stimulating hair growth and softening your hair. When your hair is able to grow without toxins, you’ll soon feel the difference in the texture of your tresses.
- Foods that are rich in Vitamins A, C & E, like Cayenne pepper, help to detox, burn fat and rev up your metabolism. Lemon and cinnamon prevent unnecessary food cravings and improve digestion. Teas with such ingredients help to increase your metabolism, which allows you to burn extra calories, even when you stand still.
Detox Tea For Weight Loss
Weight loss occurs when you burn more calories than you consume. You can achieve this by restricting unnecessary snacking and eating more healthily, exercising regularly and potentially drinking these teas! Yes, detox and slimming teas can help you burn those extra calories and guide you on your weight loss journey. Although they’re not always designed for dropping pounds, body detox diets often result in weight loss. In the case of Detox Teas, it’s not just the tea but the well-rounded ingredients present inside of it which makes it so effective.
Health Benefits For Different Types Of Detox Teas
- Both roots and leaves of the dandelion plant make your detox and slimming tea antioxidant rich with vitamins A, C and D, zinc, iron, magnesium and potassium too. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of dandelion have also been used in various medicines as a detoxifying agent.
Milk Thistle Tea
- For a healthy liver, Milk Thistle Tea is commonly used for its silymarin. This is a combination of three flavonoids that are potent antioxidants. Silymarin helps in safeguarding and repairing liver cells and also reduces inflammation in the liver.
- Green tea is packed with the highest concentration of antioxidants than any other tea, and helps your body to get rid of free radicals which can damage the healthy cells. It also acts as an appetite suppressant in many cases.
- Traditionally used as a natural laxative, Senna is now an active ingredient in detox teas to help maintain a healthy digestive system and cleanse the colon. Senna tea is prepared from the senna leaves which are also considered as one of the best remedies for losing weight.
Why Green Tea?
Packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, green tea has endless detox potential, making it an essential dietary addition for many health-conscious people. Some of the antioxidants and healing compounds found in green tea include polyphenols, catechins and various other types of flavonoids — the same anti-ageing compounds found in things such as red wine, blueberries and dark chocolate.
What’s more, detox teas often contain high levels of caffeine. While caffeine is found naturally in most teas, high levels of caffeine act as a diuretic. Diuretics trigger the body to expel water through urine and bowel movements. They can make you lose what’s known as “water weight.” Detox teas may also have a laxative effect, speeding food through your digestive tract. This can give your stomach a slimmer, flatter look.
Even though it contains small amounts of caffeine, green tea consumption has been associated with more health benefits than even many of the healthiest foods available to us. Studies have found that the benefits of green tea are due to the fact that green tea contains more healing compounds than many other herbs, spices, fruits and vegetables, making it a truly powerful “superfood.” Some of the amazing benefits of green tea include:
- Fat burning attributes: The antioxidant properties of the tea that assist our body by speeding up the metabolic rate.
- Immunity enhancer: Fights against flu, colds and viruses whilst helping to improve mental focus and memory.
- Medicinal properties: Studies claim that green tea can, to a certain extent, help to prevent certain cancers, arthritis, and diabetes.
- Re-hydrating effects: It is a common myth that tea dehydrates you. This is not the case with green tea, which has been proven to have similar re-hydration effects to water.
Apart from the benefits listed above, green tea offers various powerful detoxifying and anti-inflammatory properties that can give your diet a boost. Some teas infuse green tea with other natural detox tea ingredients like guarana and cayenne pepper to offer you 10 times the power of a normal green tea.
What Is White Tea?
Similarly to green tea, white tea offers many health benefits. White tea has a high concentration of flavonoids, which can help to improve vascular health in various ways, and may even help in reducing the risk of heart disease. In addition to white tea benefits for weight management, herbal skin care teas use the same flavonoids for detoxifying the skin.
Potential Health Benefits Of White Tea
Antioxidant properties - Presence of free radicals in the body is what leads to damage of different body organs. White Tea contains polyphenols which help in neutralising these free radicals, making them less destructive to the body. Results of studies suggest that this tea may increase antioxidant effects on organs as well as plasma. Another study brought to light the neuroprotective effects of white tea extract on the cells.
Anti-ageing properties - Presence of free radicals highly contributes to an accelerated ageing process which, again, comes with other challenges, that are associated with advancement in age. White tea with its antioxidant property may also reduce the risk of premature ageing.
Healthy and youthful skin - White tea also helps in maintaining healthy and youthful skin. Use of this tea is recommended due to its antioxidant properties which help in quick repair and recovery of damaged skin. It is also beneficial in helping to protect the skin against the effects of UV rays.
Oral health - Health benefits of white tea may include improvement in oral health. The presence of polyphenols, flavonoids, and tannins help in inhibiting the growth of various bacteria, which may cause plaque formation. The fluoride content found in this tea may also help to reduce the risk of dental issues.
Antibacterial properties - Diseases and medical conditions are mainly caused by pathogens which attack the immune system, making it difficult for the body to operate at a normal capacity. White tea is known to have antibacterial properties which can help protect our skin from bacteria and other germs. Various products such as hand soap are made using this tea as a key ingredient. Consumption of white tea can help in protecting our body from infection causing bacteria and other microorganisms.
Weight loss - Studies suggest that the intake of white tea may prevent adipogenesis, (which is the process of formation of fat cells) and may control the life cycle of these fat cells called as adipocytes.
When you use any detox measure like tea, the kind of lifestyle you lead also plays a major role. Tea can support you with weight loss, therefore, this detox method is suitable for people who have an active, healthy lifestyle already. Even the best detox teas for weight loss cannot work any wonders if you don’t modify your eating habits and include some exercise in your routine. This means you can’t eat cheeseburgers and brownies every day and expect to drop pounds just by adding one tea bag in the morning and one in the evening. Having said that, detox and slimming teas can definitely help flush out toxins and enhance your well-being in the long run.