What Is Detoxing?
Our body needs timely cleansing so that all of our organs function properly. The process of removing toxic materials or harmful substances, which can contribute towards an unhealthy lifestyle, is called detoxification or detox. A body detox diet can aid in flushing out the harmful toxins and bacteria.
Your body has natural processes in place to remove waste and toxins. So, what’s the point of a “detox diet?” Let’s start with how your body works.
Your body has two main organs that are responsible for detoxing your entire body - the liver and kidneys. These organs act like filters to separate the toxins from other useful nutrients. When you are tired, stressed or overeating, your body may have trouble cleaning itself. Taking a detox diet means providing additional support for the organs that cleanse our body (kidneys, liver and skin, among others) of the toxins that accumulate day after day. And a "little help" is always necessary to purify and re-boost and refresh your keto diet foods!
How To Detox Your Body
Detoxification involves various methods which include fasting and detox diets, such as detox tea, juices or massages, which make use of natural ingredients which are known for their detoxing benefits. Detox diets simply involve including more fibrous foods & ultimate diuretic foods such as vegetables, fruits, cereals, nuts and seeds. The inclusion of physical activity can also help to boost the effectiveness of the aforementioned detoxification methods, experts say that this is because exercise increases blood circulation and helps to release toxins through sweat.
There are many safe and natural ways to help detoxify and cleanse the system. To start with, you can always think of a smart detox diet plan which can be combined with dietary supplements; body wraps, and even having a foot bath could help. Detoxification is performed in a variety of different ways including nutritional supplements, herbal mixtures, detox beverages, detox teas or drinks, safe mercury removal, intravenous injections and colon cleanses. There are even detox programs which can help to eliminate toxins whilst in the comfort of your own home.
What Are Home Detox Programmes?
Home detox programs with barley health benefits can serve as a great way to boost your digestive system and get rid of the toxins that have built up over time. The programmes can help to absorb many of the damaging toxins from your body, so that you can feel cleansed, refreshed and revitalised, allowing your body to function well. As you cleanse your body and free it of potentially harmful impurities, it will start to absorb minerals, nutrients and vitamins more effectively so you can be in tip-top form.
Home detox programs can help to rid your body of the impurities it's subjected to on a daily basis; toxins from pollution, smoking, poor diets and alcohol can all place a negative effect on your health and wellbeing. You can increase metabolism by using stimulant ingredients that can have a knock-on effect on your metabolism, your immune system and the health of your skin, hair and nails.
Being healthy takes time and this is where Detox programs can assist with weight management. By removing impurities from your system, it allows the various systems and organs within your body to work more efficiently. If they're less clogged, they'll be more likely to perform better; improved digestion and an increased metabolism could give your diet the kick-start it needs.
It’s not just about managing weight; home body detox programs can help to improve the look of your skin and hair for an all-round glowing appearance. Imagine being able to go into work or out in the town brimming with confidence, because your skin is brighter and your hair feels healthier.
Natural Detox Methods For Home
- For cleaning the liver you can add bitter greens and chlorophyll juices to your diet, such as wheat-grass and dandelion greens. For more enhanced results, you can include some other liver-happy foods like carrots, celery, limes, lemons, and beets. Adding spices that have natural cleansing effects on the liver such as turmeric, rosemary, cayenne, cumin and curry also improves liver function. Apart from these, avoid coffee, milk and sodas, and opt for purified water or apple juice instead.
Oxygen Colon Cleanse
- This is considered to be one of the best natural detox methods. You need to use distilled water, organic/raw apple cider vinegar, aloe vera juice, Oxy-Powder and a probiotic supplement for a 6-7 day cleanse. This cleanse involves consuming the cleanse cocktail for 6-7 days, and following a healthy diet which includes fresh fruits. This cleanse is helpful in detoxing your digestive tract.
- This method is essentially designed to remove candida within the body, by cutting down all of the foods containing yeast or fermented foods. During this cleanse, you should try eliminating all forms of sugar including fruit and fruit juice, all refined flours and wheat products, any foods containing yeast, as well as all natural sweeteners. You should also avoid alcoholic drinks, dried fruits, mushrooms, cheese, pickled vegetables and soy sauce.
- This is the most convenient way to cleanse the body whilst still maintaining your energy levels. A liquid cleanse involves the use of fresh organic fruit and vegetable juices, oils such as flax, hemp, coconut, sesame or pumpkin seed, herbal teas and fresh, clean water. You can also add a detoxing tea into your cleanse. These detoxing teas can have many benefits and can serve as a delicious, natural and fun way to detox.
Toxic Metal Cleanse
- some of us build up high levels of toxic metals such as mercury, aluminium, cadmium and lead in our body. In this situation, two cleanses per year to flush these toxins out of the body to avoid long term accumulation is recommended. A combination of supplements, pure active charcoal, sauna and detox dieting is required to completely cleanse the system from metals.
Raw/Alkaline Foods Cleanse
- Using uncooked fruits and vegetables can help in conducting this cleanse. You can carry it out by taking smaller amounts of raw nuts, seeds and sprouts. This is an excellent way to detoxify the colon, liver, and other bodily organs . This cleanse will help in reducing the alkalisation requirement of the body to maintain the acidic nature of blood.
- You can always make the best use of spices while following a healthy organic diet. For this you can include cinnamon, oregano, turmeric, cumin, coriander , fenugreek, ginger, fennel, cayenne pepper, black pepper, clove, parsley, and rosemary to your diet.
Home body wraps
- In this cleanse, soft bandages infused with a heated water-clay solution are tightly wrapped around the skin. The warm clay will help to get rid of the impurities accumulated in the layers of your skin. These wraps can be applied to nearly any area of the body for a full body cleansing solution. You’ll also be surprised to see how wraps for cellulite treatment at home can target the appearance of your cellulite.
- The soles of each foot have around 2,000 pores, making them an ideal spot for a body detox session. The products used during the detox foot spa are known to remove toxins out of the body through the feet, to leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. A detoxifying foot bath, foot pads and patches can be used to cleanse your feet and to help remove harmful toxins from the body.
- Impurities can have negative effects on your body, they can slow your metabolism and weaken your immune system, which can often lead to weight gain and a feeling of sluggishness. Try not to drink alcohol or smoke, and avoid eating too many sugars or fats. Those moments of pleasure can cause long term damaging effects, so think carefully about what you’re putting into your body. If you require a little bit of extra help, you can consider body detox pills or you can take advantage of the health benefits of turmeric at home. These clever helpers are designed to draw out impurities from your body so that you can feel healthy and energised.
- Another hindrance to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system. While these hormones can provide the "adrenaline rush" to win a race or meet a deadline, in large amounts, they create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the liver. Yoga, Qigong and meditation are simple and effective ways to relieve stress by resetting your physical and mental reactions to the inevitable stresses that affect the balance of hormones.
- Many of us have hectic lives and are so busy and stressed, we can cause damage to our body. To help this, seize the opportunity to put your feet up, go to bed a couple of hours earlier each night, or carve out time for a nap during the day. The liver processes the most amount of inflammation when it is in sleep mode, so allow yourself a few extra hours each day while you move through the detox process.
Tips To Make Detox More Effective
- While detox programs can be very effective; they’re not miracle workers and you should try to support the cleansing process with a healthy diet - one that either removes or limits the amounts of sugars and fats you eat.
- Smokers and drinkers are advised to give up their vices whilst they are detoxing. This isn't easy but if not stopped can really hinder the results.
- Get moving. Another way you can look after yourself is to do some exercise, if you're not already doing it.
- Getting active is fantastic when following a home detox programme, as not only does it allow you to get the blood pumping, which we all know can lead to weight loss, it can also help you to de-stress and keep you focused.
- If you're feeling frazzled from work or family life, it can impact on your detoxification regime. A lot of people who regularly exercise agree that exercise is an excellent outlet for stress.
- If you have been feeling run down or sluggish lately, it could be the result of a build-up of toxins in your body. Use one of our home body detox programs to help get rid of some of these impurities so you can get back to feeling your old, energised self.
Thorough cleansing and good habits for naturally detoxifying the body can really help you to achieve amazing health benefits. The notion of a simple detox program should be integrated into a healthy lifestyle to give you the best results. Now that you have so many natural options to detox your body, you can pick the most convenient one or you can enjoy the health benefits of matcha tea to help you look better and feel more energetic. Free your body of excess toxins and it will thank you.